Goal

This Site is for essays on The New Pulp Heroes. It’s about time we catalog new characters appearing in books and anthologies. Since I do not have time to read everything being published, I will offer space here for legitimate creators of new pulp characters to send me their data, and I will post their essays. It is not my place to say what is, or what is not a new pulp hero, and the only changes I will make to essays will be editing and format. If you wish, include a jpeg of a book cover or b&w illustration if you have permission from the artist. By sending me your essays, you are giving me permission to promote and showcase this data. Essays should be up to 500 words, and include information on MC and back up characters, creator, title of books, and where the stories can be found. A paperback edition is now available for $12.00, plus $3.99 postage (US). The book will only be sold through us: Tom Johnson, 204 W. Custer St., Seymour, TX 76380. Send questions or data to fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Turning The Page


Turning The Page

I have about two more weeks of material to post, and then I’ll be sending all of my data to Tommy Hancock of Pro Se Productions. Tommy will add what material he has to my data, and eventually publish the essays in a book sometime in 2014. The preliminary title is TURNING THE PAGE. If you haven’t sent us your data yet, now is a good time to get this done. We hope TURNING THE PAGE will provide a basic guide for readers to find New Pulp fiction, and a little printing history and description of characters that you might be interested in reading – or at least checking out.


There will undoubtedly be many characters left out of the book, as I was not able to read many of the stories for data myself, and the authors never contacted me with their information. This may result in a future volume, as I would hate for some characters to be left out completely. Plus, new writers are constantly creating new pulp heroes all the time, so this may demand a future volume eventually.


Something else, as I don’t have everything on my personal shelf, I may not know who you are, or the correct spelling of your name, or the names of your characters, etc. Be sure to check your data with what I have posted here, and make sure I have everything correct. Don’t have a big head, and think everyone knows you as the great author you think you are, or that everyone knows and loves your unforgettable characters. Some day, we will all be famous, and be remembered for the great characters we created, and the great work we produced. Unfortunately, that’s not the case right now. That is what Tommy and I hope to do with TURNING THE PAGE, get your name and characters in the minds of readers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment